TIGER NUMBERS HAVE DRASTICALLY DECLINED BY 97% OVER THE PAST CENTURY WITH ONLY 3,900 TIGERS REMAINING IN THE WILD.
Tigers are also illegally killed or poached because their pelts are valuable on the black market.
Poaching is directed by increasingly sophisticated and well-armed criminal gangs and is estimated to be worth around £11 billion per year.
The demand for tiger skins and tiger bone wine is booming as wealthy businessmen buy these goods to prove their wealth. These products are also used as bribes for promotions within corporations.
In order to catch a tiger, steel traps are laid in known tiger trails. Once trapped the animal is left to struggle all night long so that it is exhausted from its attempts to escape and then a simple blow from a heavy stick is sufficient to kill the animal.
URGENT SUPPORT AND ACTION IS NEEDED FROM YOU TODAY. LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE OUR TIGERS.
Poachers also use poisoned carcasses of a tiger's prey to kill them. In the hot season, they dig shallow pools and fill them with poisoned water.
FOR EACH SAVE OUR TIGERS T-SHIRT SOLD, WE DONATE DIRECTLY TO TIGER CHARITIES AROUND THE WORLD.
THIS WILL GO TOWARDS:
- Working with the communities who live with wild tigers to ensure they have a vested interest in wild tiger survival.
- Safety equipment and training for forest guards to ensure full protection of tigers in the wild
- Running awareness programmes. It is relevant that we look to move families that live in parks outside to better housing and amenities, therefore giving both tiger and people space and little chance of conflict.
URGENT SUPPORT AND ACTION IS NEEDED FROM YOU TODAY. LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE OUR TIGERS. EACH T-SHIRT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
All orders take 7-12 days to arrive
• 100% ring-spun cotton
• Sport Grey is 90% ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Dark Heather is 65% polyester, 35% cotton
• 4.5 oz/y² (153 g/m²)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Quarter-turned to avoid crease down the center