Rhinos across the globe are threatened by rampant poaching to feed illegal markets, by habitat loss, and by other factors ranging from inbreeding to invasive species.
White rhinos, which number 18,000 today, have been most heavily affected by poaching over the past two years. The species is more susceptible to poaching, largely because they generally live in more open habitats where they are easier to target.
The COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t just been tough for humans - it's been putting Rhinos in real jeopardy. With only 5,500 black rhinos left... it's proving incredibly difficult.
Since the pandemic has started, this has already activated poachers -due to demand for rhino horns in China and parts of Asia after the pandemic-induced slump is over.
POACHERS HAVE KILLED AT LEAST NINE RHINOS IN SOUTH AFRICA AND SIX IN BOTSWANA SINCE LAST YEAR
Lockdown appears to have given rhino poachers free time to regroup and plan strikes. Why? Because the playing field is in their favour and they won’t have as many problems moving around
COVID-19 has affected income for rhino conservancies like never before. The unprecedented overnight loss of tourism has caused devastating effects on budgets, impacting everyday activities and long-term plans. COVID-19 pandemic has closed down the global tourism industry almost overnight.
URGENT SUPPORT AND ACTION IS NEEDED FROM YOU TODAY. LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE OUR RHINOS.
Rhino conservations heavily rely on income from tourism. Since we are now no longer able to travel due to COVID-19.
WHERE WILL THE INCOME COME FROM? THIS IS WHY WE DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP.
FOR EACH SAVE OUR RHINOS BRACELET SOLD, WE DONATE DIRECTLY TO RHINO CHARITIES ACROSS AFRICA.
THIS WILL GO TOWARDS:
- Protecting rhinos from the threat of poachers
- Essential food and medication for a rhino orphan
- Preserve and develop sustainable habitats for rhinos.
- Training of anti-poaching teams and tracking dogs
URGENT SUPPORT AND ACTION IS NEEDED FROM YOU TODAY. LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE OUR RHINOS. EACH BRACELET WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
• Sterling silver (AG-925) pendant and chain with coating
• Nickel-free pendant, chain, and coating
• Pendant size: 0.28'' x 1.22'' (7 x 31 mm)
• Pendant thickness: 0.02'' (0.5 mm)
• Pendant is connected to the chain with open jump rings
• Spring ring clasp closure
• Packed in an eco-friendly black leatherette-covered box with a magnetic closure and cloth inlay
|Pendant length (inches)||1 ¼|
|Chain length (inches)||5 ⅞|
|Pendant length (cm)||3|
|Chain length (cm)||15|